Thursday, February 14, 2008

Galerie Monastiraki

Coming April 2008

Mile-Ends magickal curiosity shoppe will transform the front third of itself into a gallery space
bent on exhibiting the comic, the psychedelic, the visionary and the folksy.

Showcasing local and international artists, Galerie Monastiraki will host a new group, dual or solo show every 5 weeks, revealing an exciting programme for 2008 and beyond.

We (the humans behind this transformation) seek to embed vital work into the stimulus rich environment of the boutique, maintaining a clear yet mutable division. We seek to heighten senses and facilitate exploratory stances.

There will be humour. There will be trippy. There will be monsters. There will be conceptual out-takes.

You are invited to witness and participate in every step of this journey.
The more you look, the more you see.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Hi I am Bob Scott , a freind of artists Nadia Uppal and Serge Gendron and was referred to you , I am interested in a small solo show in August 2008 (the first 2 wks ) when I am there to visit my father. I was born in Montreal but am living in Vancouver at the moment. You can check my work at or The bulk of my work is cork carvings. Let me know who I should speak to about this . Thanks for your time